We as Mangalmay Educational Trust therefore aspire to nurture the leaders of tomorrow. Through our holistic touch of knowledge on your child’s life, we carefully select the academic elements that include the development of your child on a physical, mental and moral platform of learning experiences. With more than three decades in the service of education, we have summed up our vision statement in these words, “Excellence in education and All-Round Development.
With our agenda to provide long term solutions to academic challenges, we envision, drive ahead and endeavour for all students to acquire knowledge and skills to promote sustainable development and future lifestyles. This includes advocating for human rights, gender equality, promoting a culture of peace and non-violence. Also, acquiring a deeper understanding of global citizenship, appreciation of cultural diversity and of culture’s contribution to sustainable development.
Life Teaching Skills
We constantly undertake the part of good teaching practices, ensuring that our teachers are well-equipped in coping with the challenges to explicitly include core content. This is made possible by incorporating through teaching skills real world problems that are brought into focus. For this, we also use digital tools and resources to support teaching practices.
Academic training through the right method
‘For every child has the right to education that will help them experience the varied realms of crucial and effective knowledge.’ We have therefore acquired the best of teaching skills for our teachers. The teaching methods applied through communication and collaboration, creativity and innovation, through critical thinking and problem solving will positively help your child learn the right way.
a. Communication & Collaboration:
By applying the ‘learning to think’ concept, it becomes mandatory for each student to develop and utilize the skills of effectively expressing their thoughts, opinions and perspectives.
By giving your child the freedom to articulate their perceptions, we help your child gain a panoramic understanding of every aspect, pertaining to national and global topics. Thereby, we guide and enlighten your child to a self-building confident approach to every task.
Our teachers encourage every student to effectively communicate ideas and collaborate with fellow classmates through team work. Working with diverse teams to help your child gain a wider perspective, knowledge wise and not just learn to cram up for exams.
b. Creativity & Innovation:
Where do ideas stem from and why are they required in the modern world of futuristic technologies and inventions? Helping our students to use a range of techniques that involve the creation of ideas will stimulate and encourage the practice of thinking out of the box. Coming up with radical concepts for every subject matter will help your child toward a better and brighter future.
Expanding your child’s future horizons through elaborating, refining, analyzing and evaluating their own ideas is what we believe can help maximize creative efforts.
Thereafter, implementing those ideas is an initiated responsibility of our qualitatively trained faculty. We therefore boost every student’s morale in both success and failure, viewing failure as an opportunity to learn and incentivize on mistakes or road blocks that open doors to newer concepts and theories never thought of before.
c. Critical Thinking and Problem Solving:
The doorway to critical thinking is the art of implementing its components in the right manner. As the present times encompass the components of ICT, we envision the future to be shaping up from the minds of the younger generation. Critical thinking therefore becomes a demand by default in order to have our young Teresians excel toward a brighter future.
We take our students through the repeated processes of critical thinking in order to imbibe in them the acquired ability to think critically and therefore arriving at the result of problem solving.
This pathway is an elaborate yet simple technique that we as Mother Teresa Convent School would strongly recommend for any child.
Right from research to evaluation, the process of critical thinking will take your child through the journey of knowledge, which is:
- Research – Who + Where + What + How & When. These questions will lead us to the next step of acquiring answers, thus gaining knowledge.
- Knowledge – Information procured is recalled and recited
- Comprehension – The list of facts and ideas are described, retold, rewritten and explained.
- Application – The resultant uptake of comprehensive knowledge is then applied through demonstrations, drawings and creations.
- Analysis – Another round of research which includes sharing the analyzed information with others to compare and examine the findings.
- Collaboration – Ideas that stem from in-depth scrutiny is then converted into ideas with other fellow students as a team.
- Evaluation – The final interpretation is built-up with opinions developed and conclusions made.
Ensuring Quality Education
We set sail therefore to further propel the strong foundations of our vision upon which we base our objectives.
- Developing the student’s capabilities from a global perspective by instilling self-confidence in order to be able to contribute to community life, build tolerance & accountability.
- A student with knowledge, attitude, skills, social and moral values which enhances their personality development, physical and psycho-social capabilities. These qualities are effectively achieved through professional coaching in sports, creative and personality enhancement activities.
- The delivery of curriculum by incorporating activities based on the Multiple Intelligences theory of Howard Gardner, professor at Harvard University that leads to literacy, inquiry, creativity, and critical thinking.
Our academic excellence is carried forth by our highly trained and qualified teachers who also deeply identify with our vision. The staff members are chosen after a rigorous selection process. As part of our various skill- training programmes, we also impart special training to our teachers on a regular basis to keep them updated about newer trends in the teaching methodology. We believe that teachers are not only imparting learning but also act as role models who need to display qualities of a leader so that the students are influenced in a positive way.